Order before midday for next day delivery in Sydney
Open That Bottle Night - 27th February
Hot on the heels of 'Global Drink Wine Day', comes another brilliant idea for a wine day - and, well, we'll drink to that!
This Saturday 27th February is Open That Bottle Night and, what the heck, we're not one to be a party pooper, so, let's join in (again!), and make sure we celebrate with the rest of the world....coz', we're in this together, right?!
Great wine is made to be shared and one of the most fulfilling parts of belonging to the wine industry is hearing the stories of people opening those sensational bottles of wine with friends.
It’s not always about cracking open the oldest vintage in your cellar, it could be a brand-new wine you have purchased from us whilst you hang with some friends and reminisce about those great wine trips, parties or fun holidays you’ve had where a bottle of wine and the resulting shenanigans were part of the fun and adventures.
So, gather some friends and get involved in Open that Bottle Night this Saturday 27 February 2020 - now you have an official excuse!
What’s Open That Bottle Night?
The concept of Open That Bottle Night (OTBN) was initiated by two reporters at The Wall Street Journal. Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher wanted to encourage their readers to open a significant bottle, then to share their stories. Since its inauguration in 2000, the event has become a global phenomenon, and is always held annually on the last Saturday in February.
The underlying premise of Open That Bottle Night is that wine is more than liquid in a bottle. With the opening of these wines comes memories of life milestones, births, deaths and marriages, long lost loved ones and treasured holidays. These memories are too precious and significant not to celebrate and share.
Here’s how to hold your own Open That Bottle Night and WIN.
- Buy an incredible wine from us and open to celebrate and join in the fun or dig out that special wine that you’ve been saving for a special occasion.
- Invite friends and family to hang at your place or an outdoor picnic – you provide the wine, they bring a plate? Or maybe try to match the food to the wine being opened?
- Once the wine has been opened and tasted, post your thoughts on social media, tag @drinks_trolley and #OTBN
- Tell the story about the wine – where is it from, what country and region, what food matches best. Is there a story from early days of discovering wine that you care to share?
- WIN - We’ll judge the best photo or story we are tagged in and the winner will receive a 3 litre bottle of the amazingly impressive 96 Points Halliday, 2014 Teusner 'Big Jim' Shiraz (Valued at over $625) - perfect to cellar for your next Open That Bottle Night, or drink now and impress your mates.
Everyone's a winner with wine.